Monday, June 27, 2011

Yay! summer vacation is here!

Well, it's here, Summer vacation.  My daughter brought home a very nice report card, and we are done with classes, including swim class and gymnastics for the summer.  We will be enjoying a nice deserved break. 
You would think that now that my daughter can sleep in later, since usually we have to pry her out of bed each morning to catch the bus, she would sleep in later.  In fact, she's up way before the alarm.  Why is that???  You think if I made her think we have an early appointment the next day she would sleep in longer....  I might just experiment with that idea, lol
Despite a busy week, I got to do a couple more LCOM layout challenges.  Here they are :

Day 10 - All tied up! - I had to Tie something up on my layout.  I had started this layout a long time ago, i added the ribbon, the stickers, the title and the pearls and bling

Day 12- Layer it up - The challenge was to layer paper, embellishments and journaling cards- I used EchoPark Summer Days kit

Day 15- Use only stuff from your stash- not allowed to open any new packages of anything.  This one was tough, I used paper that I had received with a Tinkerbell album I purchased 4 years ago.  I also used Creative Scrappers sketch #162

Day 6 - Create a layout using lyrics of a song - I was inspired by a song my Dad wrote to my and my sister a long time ago.  He now sings it to my girls.  I love the final product
Day 16- use only new stuff- I used Echo Park kit Playground along with a new package of CTMH red waxy flax
 






Well, off to watch Tangle with the girls who are still in their pajamas in the middle of the afternoon!  Gotta love summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment