Thursday, April 4, 2013

Renovation plans

Our oldest daughter wants her own room.  She moved into our tiny guest bedroom for now but you can hardly move in there.  So we decided to add a bedroom in the basement and move there.  Our daughter will then inherit our old bedroom.  We hope to start over the weekend but still have lots to plan.  Since out basement is open concept, there are many possibilities, and a few obstacles to overcome.  Hopefully it will be done soon and I can show you the before and after.  It's exciting!

Before putting everything away, I had to make a layout using leftovers from my Basic Grey Knee Highs and Bowties that I had on my desk.  I made the layout of the month over the weekend and still had all the pretty paper left out.  Here are the two layouts I made

How perfect is this paper with the topiaries and the flowers featured at the Epcote Flower and Garden Festival.  They were simply breathtaking.  
Checking out our photos from ou Photopass card, we were suprised to see Disney characters were added to some of our pictures.  How fun is that!  For this layout I used Basic Grey some My Mind's eye for background paper, Doodlbug Design twine and Thickers


The next layout is from my CTMH kit of the month for March using the Clare collection.  I used pictures from our brunch at the Akershus restaurant in Epcot.  My daughter insisted we eat there again as it was her favorite from our last trip.   She was excited to get chosen to parade around the restaurant with Aurora during the princess promenade.
The last project I wanted to share with you today is my entry for the LCOM blog  featuring sketch no 13 that was posted over the weekend.  You can check it out here.  I was asked to create a card.  As some of you may know, I scrapbook fast.  I don't like to leave a project unfinished and when I started scrapbooking 9 years ago, I only did it when my daughter was napping.  Everyday became a one hour scrapbooking challenge.  I just kept the pace.  Well, making cards takes me so much time I feel.  I guess with practice I could get better, but not having a picture to start with seems to slow me down.  I had fun making something out of my comfort zone and it was cool using up the scraps I had to make something pretty.  I'm going to make a effort to make more cards.
  Thank you for stopping by!  Now don't be shy and leave a comment.  :)  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment